- Error: Pump B: Transducer range error
- Pressure fluctuations up to 26 000 psi. These are random and not synched with the pump movements.
- ACQUITY console for BSM showing wrong backpressure
- With flow stopped the pump Accumulator report a pressure of 1600 psi.
- No blockage in the accumulator line.
- Power off the module, fix the issue, but after 10 minutes of normal flow the transducer shows a pressure of 1600 psi without flow.
- Hardware Error (12) message during Primary Pump compression step of dynamic leak test
- Accumulator leak rate drops significantly during primary compression and displays negative values
- When flow is applied, BSM pressure spikes during stroke
- System will prime with no apparent issues
- Total backpressure on BSM is not reflecting pressure for Accumulator pump
- ACQUITY UPLC I-Class Binary Solvent Manager
- Accumulator actuator recently replaced
- ACQUITY UPLC BSM
- ACQUITY UPLC
- ACQUITY UPLC I-Class
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Replace transducer
Use the correct one depending on the model.
ACQUITY UPLC and ACQUITY UPLC H-Class: Transducer Assembly (# 700002594)
ACQUITY UPLC I-Class: Pressure Transducer (# 700006045)
- Power off unit.
- Remove the cable attached to the appropriate transducer
- Disconnect the tubing from the top and bottom of the transducer
- Remove the two small screws attaching the transducer to the front of the pumphead
- Attach the new transducer to the pumphead and plug in the transducer cable until it clicks
- Power on the unit
Avoid the use of:
1. halogenated solvents
2. solutions of hydrofluoric acid or aqueous solutions of fluoride at pH < 7 even at very dilute concentrations
as these can lead to premature failure of transducers and result in this error being observed.