- BSM is visible in console but all control options are gray and system status cannot be seen
- ACQUITY UPLC Binary Solvent Manager (BSM)
Net corruption or problem with driver pack
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Remove Components in the Waters DHCP Server Configuration.
- Stop Waters DHCP service, and remove all files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments\Temp" or C:\Empower\Instruments\Temp".
- Turn off UPLC and restart.
- Remove ICS using the deployment manager and restart.
- Remove all Microsoft .NET programs, from newest version to oldest version (for example, 4.0, then 3.5, then 2.0.). Restart.
- Install Driver Pack for UPLC. Restart.
- Open Waters DHCP Server Configuration and turn on UPLC (SM or CM with internal switch first). Wait for all four columns to populate.
- Open the standalone console. Everything should work now.
- Open MassLynx or Empower (as appropriate), delete, and then recreate the chromatographic system.