Skip to main content
How do I make the Alliance 2695 compatible with normal phase solvent, such as THF? - WKB4337
- Last updated
Save as PDF
Review the Operator's Manual Appendix D for the recommended parts and solvents as referenced below:
- Degasser chamber: Part number 700011709 PERFORMANCEPLUS VACDEGAS CHAMBER STENTED
- The standard degasser chamber internal fittings can shrink and swell over time with normal phase and GPC solvents.
- Normal phase solvent will cause the internally sleeved plastic tubing to fall off and the chambers to fill with solvent and fail.
- Plunger seal recommendation: Review Appendix D "GPC solvents and seal choices".
- Part number WAT270938 for the SEAL, PLUNGER, PKG (2), 2690 (standard yellow seal, Fluoroloy G)
- Part number 700001326 for the SEAL, CLEAR, 2 PACK, ALLIANCE (performance plus opaque seal, ultra high molecular weight polymer)
- Note: Where other seals do not perform as expected in high organic composition, the use of black seals is another option:
- Part number WAT271066 for the GFP Plunger Seal Kit (Optional Black)
- Seal wash recommendation: Review Appendix D "GPC solvents and seal choices".
- The appropriate seal wash will extend the life of the plunger seals.
- Solvent miscibility: Review Appendix D "solvent miscibility chart".
- If the difference between the miscibility numbers of the two solvents is 15 or less, they are soluble.
- Prime all solvent lines, purge the injection pathway, and make injections of the intermediate solvent.
- Using immiscible solvents can cause problems with baseline and pressure stability.
- MTBE can also be used with the 2695.
- The clear seals are probably the best for this solvent.
- Use 100% MeOH for the seal wash with MTBE mobile phase.