- When the 2695 is powered-on, the front panel gives the following error message: “initializing”, and then it shows the following error message:
--FATAL ERROR--In VrtxTask main Assertion failed: (sm) file sepmeth.cxx, line 1184
- Cannot go to the main screen.
- Restart does not resolve error
- Pressing Clear +8 does not
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Perform a Clear +0 from the front panel. This erases all methods, logs, user and instrument configurations, and seal pack data. It does not clear the system serial number. You need to do the following after Clear +0:
1) Perform the seal pack calibration.
To adjust the seal pack:
a. Press Diag on the main screen to display the Diagnostics screen.
b. Press the Adjust Seals screen key. The adjustment procedure begins. When the test is complete, the results appear in a dialog box.
2) Type the IEEE address as in system configuration in Empower.
3) Recreate any methods you had in the 2695.