- H-Class FTN "General Failure: Not ready to start run" error occurs during injection sequence.
- Occurs whether the gradient start time is programmed before or after injection.
- Occurs when the gradient start time is programmed by volume or time.
- ACQUITY H-Class Quaternary Solvent Manager (QSM)
- ACQUITY H-Class Sample Manger FTN (SM-FTN)
- Instrument Control Software Driver Pack 3 ICS/Firmware installed
Defect SCR 29812 recognized as an "General Failure: Not ready to start run" error is observed when:
- Unique pre-injection large volumes
- Lower flow rates
- Changing solvent/pressure conditions occurring before injection
This error is amplified by the number of strokes necessary to deliver the requested volume within a minute of delay volume.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Reduce the programmed gradient start by time or volume to less than one minute or comparable to one minute by volume.
- If error persists when programming by volume, convert that volume (ul) to time (min).
- If error persists when programming by time, convert that time (min) to volume (ul).
- It may be necessary to adjust the gradient start parameter in small time/volume increments that will operate the systems gradient start function without error.
- Driver Pack 4 SR1 includes a partial fix to reduce the probability that this error will occur when timing the gradient start volumetrically.
- Upgrade the Instrument Control Software to Driver Pack 4 SR1.
- Reference KCS article 8567, "How to program a gradient start when transferring a method to an ACQUITY System".