OBJECTIVE or GOAL
- How to tighten the 3-Piece Fitting in the Active Preheater (APH) Assembly.
- When installing a column on an ACQUITY active column heater module or active column manager using the APH.
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class System
- ACQUITY UPLC I-Class System
- ACQUITY UPLC Column Heater - Active (CH-A)
- ACQUITY UPLC Column Manager - Active (CM-A)
- Loosen the stainless steel cap nut from the gold fitting.
- Finger-tighten the gold fitting with ferrule into the column detail.
- Replace the PEEK ferrule if making a new connection to a column.
- Holding the column hardware, rotate the column onto the gold fitting.
- If operating system pressure is >15k psi, then add an additional 1/4-turn with a 1/2" wrench to the gold fitting.
- Finger-tighten the stainless steel cap nut onto the gold fitting.
- Fittings that can be replaced are the 1/16 PEEK ferrule and gold compression screw:
700003114 for the FERRULE, PEEK, 1/16, HPFT
410003354 for the Locking Compression Screw, HEX GOLD
- The stainless steel cap between the APH cartridge and pre-swaged seat/ferrule cannot be replaced.