Ran sample set and errors display:
Empower Message Center reports "W2465@1 Instrument currently in use"
"Run aborted - Instrument already in use".
- Alliance 2965 and 2465 ECD on Empower Enterprise using a LAC/E
- The module is connected to multiple systems.
- Even when not connected because of a power-off issue, the module is left in the online state.
- The 2465 external I/o cable has an issue.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- In Empower, select Config Manager, select the 2465 system, and take it offline.
- Turn off the LAC/E, 2465, and Alliance modules of the system.
- Unplug the 2465 RS232 cable from the back of the LAC/E and ECD (this allows the ECD to go out of the persistent REMOTE control displayed on the LCD screen).
- Replace the 2465 external l/o cable, 2465 i9t (700001948).
- Boot up the LAC/E and wait five minutes.
- Plug the 2465 RS232 cable back into the LAC/E and ECD.
- Boot up the 2465ECD and the Alliance (the ECD will no longer display REMOTE).
- Verify that the system says "online".
- Set up the sample set and continue.