Skip to main content
How to measure sample aspiration with ACQUITY SM-FTN on H-Class, I-Class, and Arc systems - WKB24504
- Last updated
Save as PDF
OBJECTIVE or GOAL
- Perform a sample aspiration test on ACQUITY systems with a Sample Manager – Flow Through Needle (SM-FTN).
- This procedure may be used to troubleshoot the SM-FTN sample withdrawal flow path.
- This procedure requires a calibrated balance capable of reading to tenth of a milligram.
- ACQUITY H-Class SM-FTN
- ACQUITY I-Class SM-FTN
- ACQUITY Arc SM-FTN-R
- Select a single vial location, labeled with marker on glass.
- Must use Max recovery vials, with caps and spilt septa
- Add 800 µL to 1000 µL of water into the vial
- Using gloves or a tweezer, pick up the vial by the cap and weigh it on the balance.
- Record the weight of the vial out to the fifth decimal.
- Use flow rate of 0.5 to 1.0 mL/min using solvent A isocratically.
- Perform ten injections of 10 µL from the vial.
- Weigh the vial after completion.
- Determine if the measurement is within an acceptable aspiration of +/- 0.2 µL from 10.0 µL (9.8 µL to 10.2 µL).
- [(W1 - W2)] / 10 X 1000 = mg of water withdrawn per injection = µL per injection