- "Missing vial" errors on some vial positions, but not all
- ACQUITY UPLC H-Class
- ACQUITY UPLC I-Class
Rotary tray and R-axis are out of calibration.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Calibrate rotary tray and R-axis:
- Highlight the sample manager in left-hand menu tree of the ACQUITY console.
- Select Troubleshoot > Service Mode, and enter the service mode password.
- Select Maintain > Calibrate rotary tray.
- Remove the calibration pin from the insulation on the sample manager door and follow the software prompts.
- Software prompts you to install the calibration pin. Place the pin in the hole of tray 1 on its outer-right side and line it up with the hole in the front chassis of the sample manager, just left of center.
- With the sample manager still highlighted in the ACQUITY console, go to Maintain > Calibrate R-axis.
- Software again prompts for calibration pin to be installed in hole of tray 1. This time the pin will be flipped over so it cannot go through to the chassis.
- Align the needle with the small hole at the top of the calibration pin. You need to get the needle to the hole as close as possible without placing the needle in the hole.
- Once the calibrations are complete, go back to Troubleshoot > Service Mode, and enter the service mode password to disable it.
Calibrations can be performed by customers, but they must call Technical Assistance for the service mode password.