- Console shows error X axis H/W fault
- Grinding noise when sample manager tries to home after a reset
- Restart clears the error, but faults again during injection
- ACQUITY UPLC Sample Manager
Unit has not been characterized in a long time.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Remove the two plates.
- Power-off the Sample Manager.
- Move the needle carriage gently back and forth couple times, paying attention to the flex cable to avoid damaging it.
- Power-on the Sample Manager.
- Put the plates back in place.
- Prime wash solvents.
- Characterize needle seal.
- Characterize needle and sample loop volumes.