OBJECTIVE or GOAL
How to back flush a flow cell, which is characterized by high pressure in the flow cell.
- 2475 Multi-Wavelength Fluorescence Detector
- 2487 Dual-Wavelength Absorbance Detector
- 2488 Multichannel Absorbance Detector
- 2489 UV/Vis Detector
- 2996 PDA Detector
- 2998 Photodiode Array Detector
- ACQUITY UPLC Tunable UV Detector
- ACQUITY UPLC PDA Detector
- ACQUITY UPLC PDA eλ Detector
- ACQUITY UPLC FLR Detector
- Unscrew the outlet and inlet lines of the flow cell
- Connect the mobile phase tubing to the outlet of the flow cell
- Use suitable solvent (methanol, water, acetonitrile, tetrahydrofuran, DMSO, DMF) to backflush the flow rate with a low flow rate. Note that the pressure of the flow cell shall not exceed 1000 psi.
For UPLC flow cells, the following procedure can be used:
- If backflushing doesn’t work, try unscrewing the metal fitting at the inlet at the rear of the flow cell.
- A sudden drop of pressure indicates that the flow cell has been flushed successfully.