- Cannot connect to the 2489 in Empower
Corrupted LAN Setting
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Log into the PC that is attached to the instrument, as a local Administrator
- Go to Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe: C:/Empower/Instruments/Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe
- Find the 2489 configured IP address
- Go to the Command Prompt: Windows Start Menu/Search/Type in "CMD"
- Ping the IP address of the LAN Card and then the instrument. (card is usually 1 of the IP settings, ex 192.168.0.1 card, 192.168.0.2 instrument)
- Go to the LAN adaptor settings: Control Panel/Network and Sharing Center/Change Adapter Settings/Select Instrument LAN, Highlight, Right-Click and select Properties/Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)/Select Properties
- Make sure that the Address is set to Use the Following IP Address (192.168.0.1 or 172.16.0.1).
- Select the Advanced key (right-hand lower corner) Make sure that there is only one address
- If there are more than one address delete the other addresses.
- If after you save this and the addresses keep coming back in the Advanced section, then change the setting to Obtain an IP Address Automatically, then ClickOK.
- Go to the Command Prompt make sure that the IP address is a random number, by running ipconfig/all command.
- Then go back to the Properties of the LAN and the Properties of the TCP/IP 4 and set the address to Use the Following IP Address (192.168.0.1 or 172.16.0.1), and make sure that now only one address is in the Advanced section.
- Go back to the Command Prompt and type ipconfig/all and make sure that the IP address is set correctly.
- Ping the IP address
- Check in the properties of the Node that in the Instrument Tab the 2489 under the OK? column says Yes.
- Run as normal