- Binary Solvent Manager (BSM) Pump A Dynamic leak test failing with "Accumulator unable to compress" error. Seal, plunger, and check valve replacement does not resolve error condition. Unable to hold at 14000 pressure when running solvent at 1 ml/min, only increases to 5000 psi. BSM Pump B passes dynamic leak test.
- Pin plug installed at the outlet of the Pump A Accumulator at the start of the dynamic leak test.
- Pressure increases from 5000 to 14000, dynamic leak test passes 700002747 for the PIN PLUG, 1/16", HIGH PRESSURE, PKG (5).
- ACQUITY UPLC BSM.
- Faulty vent valve cartridge (pod), rotor seal unable to hold pressure at port position 6.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- H-Class QSM may exhibit the similar symptoms due to vent valve failure.