- Binary Solvent Manager (BSM) Pump A Dynamic leak test failing with "Accumulator unable to compress" error.
- Seal, plunger, and check valve replacement does not resolve error condition.
- Unable to hold at 14000 pressure when running solvent at 1 ml/min, only increases to 5000 psi.
- BSM Pump B passes dynamic leak test.
- Pin plug installed at the outlet of the Pump A Accumulator at the start of the dynamic leak test.
- Pressure increases from 5000 to 14000, dynamic leak test passes
- 700002747 for the PIN PLUG, 1/16", HIGH PRESSURE, PKG (5)
- ACQUITY UPLC BSM
- Faulty vent valve cartridge (pod), rotor seal unable to hold pressure at port position 6.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- H-Class QSM may exhibit the similar symptoms due to vent valve failure.