"Unable to maintain pressure" or "Unable to compress" error during the Dynamic Leak Test on the ACQUITY Solvent Manager occurs even when the pump seems to be working fine and delta is low (below 30 psi). Pressure appears normal, then random pressure drops occur.
- ACQUITY UPLC BSM
- ACQUITY I-Class BSM
- ACQUITY H-Class BSM
- ACQUITY H-Class QSM
Faulty i2V check valve on the primary pump
FIX or WORKAROUND
Replace the check valve on pump giving the error.
Part numbers for classic ACQUITY:
- primary check valve: 700002596
- primary i2v check valve: 700003563
- accumulator check valve: 700002968
Part numbers for I-Class ACQUITY:
- primary check valve: 700004139
- accumulator check valve: 700003755
Part numbers for H-Class ACQUITY:
- primary check valve: 700005165
- accumulator check valve: 700005164
Establish flow to achieve a stable delta to ensure no pressure drops. Perform dynamic leak test to confirm passing results.