This article is a portion of a Troubleshooting Path. To begin troubleshooting this issue, please select the link below.
- The error "PDA Detector: Shutter failed to home" occurs
- Recycling the power does not correct it
- Flushing the flow cell with Mobile Phase does not correct it
- Shutter assembly could not home when 2998 is powered-on after a shutdown
- ACQUITY Console
- ACQUITY UPLC PDA Detector
- 2998 Photodiode Array Detector
Air bubbles is in the flow cell.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Flush flow cell with 100% water, 100% methanol, or 100% acetonitrile
- reboot PDA with 100% water,100% methanol, or 100% acetonitrile in the flowcell
- If step 1 does not resolve issue move to step 2
- Follow the Controlling Contamination Cleaning Procedure
- Reset communications.