OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Switch from ACQUITY to M-Class physically and in MassLynx.
- MassLynx 4.1
- MassLynx 4.2
- M-Class driver pack
- ICS 1.53
- Switching utility
- 2019 Driver Pack Release 2 (microscale)
- Deconfigure the current inlet. In the inlet editor select Tools > Instrument Configurations > Configure (none, none, none).
- Close the inlet method. Do not save the changes to "Untitled".
- Exit MassLynx.
- In the DHCP Configuration Utility, remove all referenced instruments.
- Waters DHCP Sever Configuration is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments\Water DHCP Server Configuration.exe
- Power-down the Windows PC.
- Power-off the ACQUITY LC components.
- Plug in new M-Class instrument Ethernet cable.
- Power-up the Windows PC.
- Bring up the DHCP Configuration Utility.
- Power-on all LC (M-Class) components, one at a time, starting with the Sample Manager.
- Wait until each one registers before powering-on the next one.
- Once all are registered, close the DHCP Configuration Utility.
- Open the switching utility and select the correct LC (in this case, M-Class) and close the utility.
- The switching tool is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments\Utilities\ACQUITY and nanoACQUITY Configuration.exe
- Open MassLynx.
- Open the Inlet Method Editor.
- Configure the LC:
- Pump: Waters Pump Control
- Sample Mgr: None
- Detector: n/a or TUV if applicable
- Close the configuration utility. If you get a Server Busy error, click retry.
- If you see a box that says, click "Instrument Setup" to complete the configuration, click OK.
- When the Inlet Method restarts, it will give a pump error. Ignore it.
- Click the additional status tab. There may only be one module (sample mgr) present.
- Open the ACQUITY Console.
- Ensure that the ACQUITY UPLC System in the left-hand panel is highlighted, click the drop-down menu, and select Configure.
- Select Configure Instrument Modules. Only two module are present, TVM and uBSM.
- Ensure that TVM is selected and click OK (even if you change nothing).
- When asked to click OK to restart the console, click Yes. The console opens with all modules present. You might see the Trap Valve Manager on top of your Solvent Bottle holder. You can rearrange these later.
- Exit the Console and the Inlet method. Do not save the changes to "untitled" methods.
- If you get a Windows error stating the InletEditor MFC Application has stopped working. Close the program, and then exit MassLynx.
- Run StopACQUITYProcesses or restart the PC.
- Restart MassLynx and open the Inlet Editor.
All functionality should now be restored.
MLYNX, MLYNXV41, SUPMM, UPMASM, UPMBSM, UPMSMFL