- Unable to bring system online in UNIFI
- "Unable to communicate with the LND" error message in Configure DHCP Server tab in UNIFI
- "DHCP failed" error message when connecting to EPC with telnet/putty
- In the EPC boot sequence, the first instance of connecting to DHCP is always successful (Acquiring DHCP address . . . DHCP OK), but the second instance always fails (Acquiring DHCP address . . . DHCP FAILED). See attached boot sequence
- Restarting device (LND), WatersServiceHost, EPC, electronics, PC does not resolve the issue
- Vion IMS QTof
- UNIFI workstation
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Close UNIFI.
- Restart DHCP service.
- Open HyperTerminal to monitor EPC boot sequence and reboot the EPC.
- If same error is seen in boot sequence, restart DHCP service again and reboot EPC again.
- If same error is still observed, restart DHCP service again, open UNIFI, and then reboot EPC with UNIFI open and monitor the boot sequence.
- Once the boot completes successfully, reopen UNIFI; you may need to restart the device (in Device Management) and/or reset the instrument to establish communication with the mass spectrometer.
The same issue may occur with Xevo G2 family instruments under UNIFI control.