- UNIFI hangs at login page - no error messages
- UNIFI portal fails to start after successful log in
- Username and password are accepted
- Portal shows splash screen
- All eight instances of Waters.ServiceHost.exe are running
- UNIFI 1.9.x
- UNIFI 1.8.x
- UNIFI 1.7.x
The problem is due to a newer version of Microsoft .NET Framework having been installed. This .NET Framework update will often have been automatically carried out by Windows Update without the user knowing about it.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Determine which version of .NET framework is appropriate for your version of UNIFI (see WKB14917)
- Uninstall the newer .NET framework version and install the appropriate older version of .NET framework (see example procedure below)
Example procedure for UNIFI 1.8:
- Go to Windows Start > Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Programs and Features.
- Look for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7
- If either are installed they must be removed as follows.
- 'Right Click' on .NET Framework 4.6.2 and/or .NET Framework 4.7 in the list of installed programs.
- Select Uninstall/change.
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 or 4.7 installer window will open.
- Select Remove and click Next.
- If you get a Warning window, click Continue.
- Allow the installer to remove all .NET Framework 4.6.2 or 4.7 components
- Reboot the PC.
- Re-install .NET Framework 4.5
- Insert the UNIFI installation media, and navigate to the folder \Installers\3rdParty\
- Install Microsoft .Netframework 4.5 using 'dotnetfx45_full_x86_x64.exe'
- Confirm that you are able to open UNIFI. If you cannot, contact GSS.
See How to determine which .NET Framework versions are installed for more info on how to confirm the version.
Note: .NET 4.6 will also cause this issue please remove KB3045563 from the server in this case.
See also article WKB15135