- The full backup job runs and completes successfully
- The incremental backup job does not run, even though the scheduled task is enabled
- UNIFI Workstation
A previous incremental backup task was found to be running, but it may have hung because it was running for almost two weeks. Backup jobs in WDM showed the last incremental backup job with a status of Running with Errors. You could also see an RMAN task running in Task Manager. If you configure the columns to show the Command Line column, it displays "E:\Waters\oracle\oracle12c\BIN\rman.exe target/ @ E:\waters\tmp\scripts\INCREMENT_LVL1.rman".
FIX or WORKAROUND
Please do not provide this advice to a customer. This is for direct remote support only—and only if an incremental is in a hung state.
- Kill the RMAN task in Task Manager.
- Re-enable the incremental level 1 and confirm that it is successful overnight.
- If you encounter problems, contact GSS.