- The ACQUITY PDA is present in the DHCP server.
- The PDA says communication is lost.
- All other components have communication/control through the console.
- ACQUITY PDA.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Verify that a full backup was recently performed. (Go to backup drive:\fast_recovery_area\UNIFI\UNIFI\BACKUPSET\ and search the recent folders for a full backup. Confirm that the backup has a control file, such as C-136881228-20170904-02.)
- Go to Administration > Device Management, and then to the Instrument Systems tab.
- Ensure that all instrument systems are offline.
- Modify each instrument system that contains the PDA, removing the PDA from the system.
- Save the modified instrument systems and leave them offline.
- Power-off the PDA and disconnect the Ethernet cable.
- While you are still in Device Management, go to the Workstation or LND tab, and then go to Manage Instruments.
- Highlight the PDA and select Remove.
- Go to the Manage Drivers tab.
- Highlight the PDA, select Remove, wait for the Workstation or LND switches from offline to online then click Update Drivers.
- Once the PDA driver is gone, which may take several minutes while the Workstation and LND will cycle from offline to online automatically, exit UNIFI.
- Under Services in the task manager, stop the watServHost (WSH).
- Wait for all eight services to stop under Processes in the task manager (on the workstation) or in 7 WSH (on a server).
- Start the watServHost under Services.
- Wait for all eight services to start under Processes.
- Open UNIFI.
- From Device Management under the LND, or from Workstation in Manage Drivers, add the PDA.
- Once in the list, click Update Drivers for the PDA. Again the Workstation or LND will cycle offline to online; wait for it to be online again before proceeding. This may take several minutes.
- Power-on the PDA. It should auto-populate in Manage Instruments; you do not need to specify an IP address, for example.
- Add the PDA back into the customer instrument systems.