This article is part of a troubleshooting path. If the symptoms below do not precisely match your issue, or if the solution has not fixed the issue, consider starting at the beginning of the path using this link.
- ProteinLynx Global Server
When attempting to resolve a problem in PLGS, Waters software support specialists in Global Service Support (GSS) will almost always require the following information. If you provide this information in the initial enquiry, it will speed things up.
- Which if any of the solutions in the Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) system you have already tried
- PLGS logs
- Send all three PLGS log files: Processor.txt, ProteinLynxBrowser.txt, and SearchEngine.txt
- The PLGS log files are stored in C:\PLGS3.0.x\log\ (x varies depending on the PLGS version number)
- Specifications of the processing PC
- The PC model number
- How much RAM is installed in the PC
- What GPUs are installed in the processing PC
- How much disk space is available
- The Windows version.
- The type of data that is causing problems (e.g., MSe, HD-MSe, SONAR, DDA)
- The size of the data files that the you are trying to process
- The name of the file that is failing to process (helps GSS to interpret the logs)