OBJECTIVE or GOAL
To install one or more certificates in a NuGenesis LMS server in order to support user authentication with secure LDAP (LDAPS).
- NuGenesis 9 LMS
- NuGenesis 8 LMS
- NuGenesis 8 ELN
- LDAPS authentication has been, or will be, configured in NuGenesis LMS
- Download the attached Batch files to the LMS server
- Open a command prompt window with Admin rights
- Run the ImportCert_ELN_r4.bat file with the file name as the first parameter. Example:
- ImportCert_ELN_r4.bat C:\certs\LDAPS\rootCA.crt
- The batch file will use the Keytool program in the LMS server's embedded Java runtime environment to import the certificate into Java's certificate store
- Repeat step 3 if there are other certificates to import
- Close the command prompt window
NuGenesis 8 LMS does not use the Windows certificate store for LDAPS certificates. The certificate storage is within a binary file in the Java runtime environment.