OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Install one or more certificates in a NuGenesis LMS server, in order to support user authentication with secure LDAP (LDAPS).
- NuGenesis 9 LMS
- NuGenesis 8 LMS
- NuGenesis 8 ELN
- LDAPS authentication was, or will be, configured in NuGenesis LMS
Files needed for this procedure:
- Download the attached batch files to the LMS server.
- With Admin rights, open a command prompt window.
- Run the ImportCert_LMS_r6.bat file with the file name as the first parameter. Example:
- ImportCert_LMS_r6.bat C:\certs\LDAPS\rootCA.crt
- The batch file will use the Keytool program in the LMS server's embedded Java runtime environment to import the certificate into Java's certificate store.
- Repeat step 3 if there are other certificates to import.
- Close the command prompt window.
NuGenesis 8 LMS does not use the Windows certificate store for LDAPS certificates. Certificate storage is within a binary file in the Java runtime environment.