OBJECTIVE or GOAL
To allow a user who did not lock the document to open the locked document for editing.
Documents that are marked as "Locked for Editing" can be opened read-only by any user who has access to the document's department or team. Normally, only the user who locked the document can open the document for editing (read-write). If the user who locked the document is unavailable for any reason, and the document must be unlocked so that other users can edit it, follow this procedure.
- NuGenesis 8 ELN SR1
- LMS FR1
- LMS SR2
Two users can unlock a locked document in LMS:
- The document's author and the department administrator or team administrator, if the document is assigned to a team.
- First, identify whether the document is assigned to a department or to a department and team. This information can be found by searching for the document through the Document Search option on the LMS main menu or through My Work > Documents.
- Go to the Administration page in LMS and click User Management.
- Select the Departments tab on the right.
- Locate the department in the list.
- Look for the Administrator column. The user listed in the Administrator column for the department can unlock the document.
- (N/A if the document is not in a team) Go to the Administration page in LMS and click Teams.
- Locate the team in the list. The user listed in the Administrator column for the team can unlock the document.
- Log in to LMS as the department or team administrator, as applicable.
- Open the document.
- Click OK for any messages about the document's state.
- In the LMS document editor, click the document menu, and then click Lock. A checkmark next to the Lock option on the menu means that the document is locked, and clicking the menu option opens the lock.
In NuGenesis LMS, Team settings overrule Department settings, if a document is assigned to both a Department and a Team. For example, if a document is assigned to Department A and Team B, then the document follows the signature workflow settings and privileges as assigned through Team B, and not Department A.