- When launching the Inlet Editor from MassLynx, it opens as a tiny window or does not open at all
- May observe DCOM errors in the Windows Event logs
- Right-clicking in the Inlet Sample List field shows the same behavior
- MassLynx 4.1 (multiple SCNs)
- MassLynx Security
- Windows 7
- DCOM access to Key inlet registry keys
FIX or WORKAROUND
- (To correct Windows user profile) Log out of Windows and log back in using a different local Administrator account.
- Right-click Computer and select Properties.
- In the left pane, select Advance System Settings.
- In the middle box (User Profiles), click Settings.
- Find the user account presenting the problem, highlight that user, and click Delete.
- Log out, and then log back in using the Windows user account that had the problem.
- Launch MassLynx and the Inlet Editor. It should open as expected.
- (To correct antivirus settings) Ensure that all MassLynx folders are excluded from real-time scanning in antivirus software.
Note: You can not delete the user profile of the user you are currently logged in as.