- Inlet method editor window does not open
- Icon for inlet method editor appears along the bottom of the Windows desktop
- MassLynx 4.1
- Inlet Method Editor
The Window Position setting in the registry is corrupted.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Close MassLynx.
- Go to START > Run, and enter REGEDIT in the run dialog. (If Run is not an option on the START menu, hit the Windows Flag and R keys on the keyboard simultaneously).
- Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Micromass\Inlets\InletEditor\settings.
- In the right-hand panel, double-click on Window Pos.
- If the coordinates are corrupt, each one might be in the region of "-32000".
- Replace the current string in the Value Data field with: 367,22,1024,462 or 317,169,818,517.
- Click OK, close the registry editor, and open MassLynx.
Note: Always follow customer SOP guidelines when editing the registry.