- "General Failure: Bad plate info from host" error message when trying to start sample list
- Recently changed to new plate type
- MassLynx 4.1 SCN 884
- ACQUITY UPLC Sample Manager - Flow Through Needle
- ANSI 96-well, 1-mL plates
Incorrect vial location syntax in SAMPLE_LOCATION column on the sample list
FIX or WORKAROUND
- On Sample List, go to Samples > Autosampler Bed Layout.
- Select the appropriate plate position in the diagram.
- Highlight the first position (upper-left corner of the plate).
- Hit the Add Sample button at the top of the dialog box.
- Correct syntax is shown in the SAMPLE_LOCATION column (header might be Bottle or Vial).
- Close Autosampler Bed Layout.
- Add 15 lines to the sample list.
- In the SAMPLE_LOCATION column, click on the cell with the correct syntax (from step 5).
- Highlight this cell and at least 15 rows below it.
- Right-click and select Fill Series from the content sensitive menu.
Steps 1 through 5 show the syntax that MassLynx is configured to use for the selected plate. Steps 6 through 10 show in what direction across the plate the Sample Manager will move for each consecutive sample.