OBJECTIVE or GOAL
How to set up the plate configuration or vial/bottle position in MassLynx.
Fix a missing plate or vial error message.
Adjust the plate configuration or vial/bottle position to the user's preference.
Change the plate format and bottle or vial position from 1:1 to 1:A,1 format for the ACQUITY UPLC.
- MassLynx 4.1
- ACQUITY UPLC
- Open the inlet editor by selecting thelozenge from the MassLynx window.
- In the inlet editor, select ACQUITY Sampler and Bed Layout...
- Click the Edit Plates on Layout tab and write down the name of the plates in use. In this case, ANSI-48Vial2mLHolder.
- Click Cancel.
- Go to ACQUITY Sampler drop-down menu again and select the Plate Generator.
- Click until the Rack Name is that of the plate being used in the layout. In this case, ANSI-48Vial2mLHolder.
- The current vial layout for vial 1 on tray 1 is 1:1. Change the settings so the plate is labeled to the user's preference. To change the vial layout to 1:A,1, clear Horizontal first. Next, click the Referencing drop-down menu, select XY, and then select A B C for Vertical.
- Save the settings by selecting Rack > Save Current Rack or click Save and close this window.
- Go back to the MassLynx window and in the Bottle column, go to a square, right-click, and select AutoSampler Bed Layout...
- Select a vial on the tray so that it is highlighted green and place it in the sample list by selecting Replace Samples .
- This shows an example of the new bottle format. The layout in the sample list is now changed to the settings saved in the plate generator.