OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Configure the Windows firewall to allow passage of MassLynx and ACQUITY executables. (Waters does not typically recommend turning on the firewall, but sometimes a company's regulatory authority requires it.)
- ACQUITY drivers
- Windows OS
- Create two dummy executable files on the desktop with the following names: WDHCPServerSvc.exe and ACQUITYServer.exe
- Confirm that the files are displayed with the proper extensions. If not, go to Organize > Folder and search options and in the View tab clear the selection for Hide extensions for
known file types.
- Open Windows Firewall from Control panel. Click on the Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall link. Press Allow another program, which
will open the Add a Program dialog box. Browse and open the ACQUITYServer.exe file from the desktop. Click Add.
- Check the Domain and Public option boxes. Repeat these steps for adding another program: WDHCPServerSvc.exe.
- Adding WDHCP Port: Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall and click on the Advanced settings link to open the Windows firewall with advanced security.
- Select Inbound Rules and click Action > New Rule to open a new inbound rule wizard. Select Rule Type as Port and click Next. In Protocol and Ports, select UDP
option, Specific local ports, specify 67, and click Next.
- In the Action page, select Allow the connection and click Next. Select all of the options (Domain, Private and Public) in the Profile page and click Next.
- Finally, provide the Name and Description of the new inbound rule and click Finish.