OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Acquire only the PDA data on an LC/MS system controlled by MassLynx.
- MassLynx 4.1
- Quattro Series
- ACQUITY SQ/TQ/3100
- Xevo Series
- SYNAPT Series
- ZQ/EMD Series
- Create a "dummy" MS channel as follows:
- Create an inlet method to acquire the appropriate PDA.
- Create a "dummy" MS method with a run time equivalent to that of the inlet method.
- Enter the inlet method and "dummy" MS method into their appropriate columns on the MassLynx Sample list.
Technically, this setup will still acquire MS data. In a regulatory environment, you may need to have no MS data channel at all. In this case, do the following:
- RRRRein Reinstall MassLynx with the option "No MS instrument" selected.
- Or, use two MassLynx PCs—one with an MS instrument selected and one with no MS instrument—and switch between them depending on the analysis.
Set the "dummy" MS method to acquire a minimal amount of data. Example: Single SIR with dwell time of 1 second, or very high data threshold or mass range that is out of the sample scope.