- "MassLynx cannot create a data file" error
- Happens on acquisition from the sample list or the tune page
- MassLynx 4.1
The sample queue or acquisition is started and stopped before the software has time to complete the creation of the first .raw data folder and subfolders or files (within seconds of starting the acquisition, it stops).
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Close the tune page, inlet editor, and console. Exit MassLynx and run stopACQUITYProcesses.cmd or StopProcess exe. These can be found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Waters Instruments\Bin\. Do not double-click on the batch files within seconds of each other; just pick one to use.
- Open MassLynx, the tune page, the inlet editor, and the console.
- Rename your file in the sample list.
- Start your acquisition again.
If stopACQUITYProcesses.cmd or StopProcesses.exe does not work, try rebooting the host PC.