- System using a column switching method or pre-run/post-run method prepares for analysis but then stops "waiting for inlet start"
- No error messages
- Inlet keeps pumping
- Stopping run and clicking reset communications clears system
- MassLynx runs from sample list with a method in "Inlet Switch" column
- OpenLynx / OAlogin method requires a switch method before running a sample
- MassLynx or OpenLynx using pre-run and post-run methods
- ACQUITY Column Manager on ICS 1.50 and 1.51
SQD2 and Xevo TQD
Xevo G2 Tof and Xevo G2 QTof
XEVO TQ and XEVO TQ-S
ACQUITY QDa Mass Detector
Bug in the software causes the switch methods and pre-run and post-run methods not to work.
The method loads but the pump runs indefinitely and the analysis does not progress.
This occurs with combinations of MassLynx software version and ICS version (1.50 and 1.51 and others)
FIX or WORKAROUND
- No current fix for QDa with ACQUITY ARC inlet (Partial Fix : Uncheck all "optional" data channels acquisition in Switch / Pre-Run / Post-Run Method)
- ACQUITY QDa - fixed in SCN 993, except for ACQUITY ARC
- SQD2 and Xevo TQD - fixed in SCN 855 and subsequent software
- SQD - fixed in SCN 877 and subsequent software
- XEVO TQ and XEVO TQ-S - fixed in SCN 878 with SCN 843 and subsequent software
- Xevo G2 Tof and Xevo G2 QTof - fixed in SCN 869 and subsequent software
- Quattro Premier and Quattro Micro - no current fix except downgrade ICS to 1.4 or lower
This same bug affects inlet pre-run and post-run methods.
comms, SCN855, SCN869, SCN877, SCN878, SCN843, SCN993