- Import Worksheet error stating "Cannot import files of this type", when attempting to import a CSV file into MassLynx in order to create a new sample list.
- File of type setting in the Import Worksheet dialog set to All files (*.*)
- Importing worksheet to make new sample list
Incorrect File of type set in the Import Worksheet dialog.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Specify Comma Delimited (*.CSV, *.TXT) in the Files of Type dialog box.
MassLynx > File > Import Worksheet > Files of Type (drop-down menu) > change from default "All Files (*.*)" to "Comma Delimited (*.CSV, *.TXT)"
- Select the desired CSV file in the "File name:" dialog box.
For the Import Worksheet feature to work correctly, you must set a specific File of Type in the Import Worksheet dialog. This setting tells Masslynx which type of file is being imported and thus which import routine to use. All Files (*.*) does not work because this setting does not specific a file type. It only allows the user to view all file types.