- Database Connection Failed: ORA-12541 TNS: No Listener error message when opening Empower.
- Restarting the PC does not resolve the issue.
- Empower 3 Personal
TNS Listener was not started.
FIX or WORKAROUND
Start the Oracle Empower TNS Listener. To do this:
- Go to Start, right-click Computer and click Manage.
- Click Services and Applications > Click Services.
- Right-click Oracle Empower TNS Listener > Start.
- Log into Empower.
If the user does not have Windows admin permissions, have the user cold boot the computer instead of restarting it.