- 7697A picks up the vial and moves it to an inject position. Then the following error appears: "vial flow not ready" and returns the vial to its original position.
- On the Headspace panel, the following error message appears: "external device not ready".
- In the Empower message center, "inconsistent vial numbers".
- Agilent 7890B
- Agilent 7697A Headspace
- Empower 3 Service Release 2
- Headspace Control Option Version 3.0
Tray Type and "start vial" and "end vial" values are incorrect.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Open the Empower Instrument method for 7697A.
- On General tab, select the Tray type for HS 7697A (see screenshot).
- On Condition tab, select the Vial Start and End Vial values as shown in second screenshot.
The Start Vial and End Vial positions need to match what is in the Sample Set method and Empower Instrument method.