- Memory Buffer error in Empower message center.
- The socket failed while waiting for incoming data with the following error code: WinSock Error #0.
- Run stops after first six minutes.
- e-SAT/IN Module Instrument Control Software Version 1.30
- Firmware: 3.2
- Empower 2 Feature Release 5 Enterprise
Defect PCS 49400
Abstract / Summary
The version 1.30 Instrument Control Software (ICS) for the e-SAT/IN module suffers from a vulnerability that may produce a false positive “Memory Buffer Error” message when running at low data rates. The probability of receiving a false positive error message is highest at a sampling rate of two points per second. Version 2.6 or 3.2 e-SAT/IN firmware cannot produce a real memory buffer error message and any such messages generated while using e-SAT/IN firmware version 2.6 or 3.2 should be considered false positive messages. You should investigate any memory buffer error found while using e-SAT/IN firmware version 2.5 or 3.1.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- If possible, increase the sampling rate (the number of points per second) being used to collect data. Alternately, you can operate e-SAT/IN modules using version 2.6 or 3.2 firmware with ICS version 1.20 without the risk of a real memory buffer error.