- When launching the Run Samples screen for an Agilent LC, a Quickset MFC error appears and Empower freezes.
- Empower 3 Personal
- Agilent Instrument Control Framework (ICF) Support Version 2.2
- Agilent Instrument Control Framework (ICF) Update A.02.04
Corrupted INSTSRV.dat file
FIX or WORKAROUND
1. Delete all chromatographic systems connected to the LAC/E.
2. Delete/remove in the instruments tab of node properties.
3. Delete/remove Configure DHCP entries.
4. Delete/rename file C:\Empower\Instrumentserver\instsrv.dat.
5. Confirm that Instrument LAN is set with the correct IP (i.e., 192.168.0.1) and that this address can be pinged on node.
6. Shut down instruments and the LAC/E.
7. Start up the LACE, wait until it fully boots, and log in to Windows.
8. Start up all instruments and wait for them to be completely idle.
9. Double-click on C:\Empower\instruments\AgilentLC\Agilent.InstrumentControl.InstrumentPreConfigurator.exe. Select the instrument listed and click on Configure. Select Agilent 1100/1200/1260/1290 LC on the left-hand side of the window. Click on Auto Configure and type in the IP address. Click OK on this screen and on the configure screen.
10. Double-click on C:\Empower\instruments\Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe and verify that all instruments are added and show assigned IP, serial number, and type.
13. Once all components are added, ping all instruments by IP.
14. Once all are in Waters DHCP Server Configuration.exe, log in to Empower, go to Configuration Manager, select Node Properties, and go to the Instruments tab. Verify that all components are in the Instruments tab with a Yes as OK?
15. Once all components are Yes in the Instruments tab, create Chromatographic systems in Configuration Manager, select Run Samples, and create new IM and test run injections. Monitor for errors.