- The following Oracle errors occur when logging in to Empower:
- ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
- ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist
- When logging in to SQL*Plus as sys, the following message appears:
- "connected to an idle instance"
- Incorrect date and time received from OS
- Windows XP
- Empower 1154
- The date set in the operating system is a day in 1980.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Changed the date and time in the operating system to the current date and time and rebooted the computer.
- This error was likely due to the OS date being before the database was created.