- Installation of Empower 3 onto PC
- Error message of "Install cannot continue, reboot is pending" appears and will not allow the process to continue.
- Restarting the PC does not fix the problem.
- Empower 3
- Lenovo C30 computer
- Windows 7
A registry key in the computer directory is preventing Empower from being loaded onto the PC.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Click the Windows Start button.
- Type "regedit" in the search bar.
- Open "regedit.exe" file,
- Follow filepath "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>WOW6432Node>Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>RunOnce".
- If there is an entry labeled "SymSilent", right-click and delete it.
- Exit regedit.exe.
- Restart PC and perform installation of Empower software.