OBJECTIVE or GOAL
This article will describe how to create a Named Group in Empower.
- Empower 2
- Empower 3
- Open the project that contains the correct processing method.
- Open the processing method.
- Click the Named Groups tab.
- In the table, click line #1 in the "Name" column.
- Specify a name for this group, and then press "Enter" on the keyboard.
- Click the field in "Reported RT" to generate the dropdown and choose the appropriate value.
- As you can use this field to create a calibration curve, choose the appropriate value under "Source of Calibration X Value".
- On the left side of the screen, you will see the name of the group and the name of the individual components listed in this processing method.
- Click each component you want to add to the group, and then drag it directly up and drop it on the group's name.
- This creates the group.
- Save the processing method.
- Process your data.
The Named Group shows in the Peaks table. Any peaks included in the group also show as individual peaks in the table.
id3856, EMP2LIC, EMP2OPT, EMP2SW, EMP3GC, EMP3LIC, EMP3OPT, EMP3SW, EMPGC, EMPGPC, EMPLIC, EMPOWER2, EMPOWER3, EMPSW, SUP