OBJECTIVE or GOAL
This article will describe how to create a Named Group in Empower.
- Empower 2
- Empower 3
- Open the project that contains the correct processing method.
- Open the processing method.
- Click the Named Groups tab.
- In the table, click line #1 in the "Name" column.
- Specify a name for this group, and then press "Enter" on the keyboard.
- Click the field in "Reported RT" to generate the dropdown and choose the appropriate value.
- As you can use this field to create a calibration curve, choose the appropriate value under "Source of Calibration X Value".
- On the left side of the screen, you will see the name of the group and the name of the individual components listed in this processing method.
- Click each component you want to add to the group, and then drag it directly up and drop it on the group's name.
- This creates the group.
- Save the processing method.
- Process your data.
The Named Group shows in the Peaks table. Any peaks included in the group also show as individual peaks in the table.