OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Windows Installer has an option to log events during the installation of software packages. Enable MSI logging by adding a key and value to the registry. Once MSI logging is enabled, installation log ﬁles are written to the Temp folder.
- Empower 3 Feature Release 3
- Windows 7
To enable MSI logging:
1. Open the Windows registry with Regedit.
2. Create the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer.
3. Create the string value name Logging.
4. Set the value to voicewarmupx.
5. Close Regedit.