- Error message "Maximum Licenses Already Activated. Licenses Available: 0" when trying to activate a multi-database license on a server
- Same license was successfully activated on four other databases
- Installation Profile (Database ID) on the database exhibiting the error is the same as on one of the other databases for which the license was successfully installed
- Empower 3 Enterprise
- Cloned database
- The DB schema was brought over from the old server, when the new DB was created
A database whose database ID is stored in a table in Oracle was cloned, resulting in the database ID being copied over into the new instance of Empower. When activating the multi-database license, because the database ID is not unique, the licensing program "thinks" that the license is already active on that database.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Clone a database that does not have a database ID in the Oracle table.
- Pre Empower 3 FR3: Clone a database that never had a license activated.
- Empower 3 FR3: Clone a database that never had a license activated, or clone a database that had all licenses deactivated, resulting in the database ID being cleared. out.