- There is no error in the Agilent 7890 GC.
- In the Agilent 7697A Headspace, it is displayed as “GC not Ready”.
- Restarting LAC/E32 and all the instruments didn't help.
- The instrument failure error occurs with the following operation sequence:
- Run analysis with a sample set.
- On the Agilent 7697A Headspace, "Vial Equilibrating → Pressurizing 1 minute → Extracting → GC not ready" is displayed.
- In Empower, the instrument status of Agilent 7697A is displayed as:
"Status: oven equilibration, progress: 17%" →
"Status: the data system timeouted when waiting for vial 1 to be prepared, progress: 42%"
- Instrument failure
- Agilent 7890 GC
- Agilent 7697A Headspace
- Empower 3
- ICF 3.0
Incorrect setting of Agilent 7697A Headspace
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Open the Agilent 7697A Headspace Config APG Polarity window.
- Change from "Active low" to "Active high".
When using RS232C for APG remote cable, it is necessary to set the APG remote settings etc.
Setting is unnecessary when using the LAN cable.