- Control panels for the LC, GC, and/or heads pace are blank, missing, or not displayed properly in the Empower Run Samples window
- Can setup and monitor method
- System is configured as per Agilent Preconfiguration Utility procedure
Example of how the run samples page looks is below :
- Empower 3
- Agilent Instrument Control Framework Support v 3.0
- Agilent Instrument Control Framework Support v 3.1
- Agilent Instrument Control Framework Support v 3.2
- Agilent Instrument Control Framework Support v 3.3
- Agilent Instrument Control Framework Support Layer v 3.4
- LAC/E 32
This is a documented known issue when running Agilent GCs and/or headspace instruments under ICF support v3.0. (PCS# 56149).
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Review the ICF Support v3.0 Release Notes.
- If the control panel in Run Samples or QuickStart is blank, or if you have difficulty connecting the
instrument system to Run Samples, check the COM Security settings.
Solution: Verify that Everyone or Authenticated Users are added and granted Local and Remote Access
by following this procedure:
• In Component Services > Computers > Properties > COM Security > Access
Permission, select the Allow check box for Local Access and Remote Access.
• In Component Services > Computers > Properties > COM Security > Launch and
Activation Permissions, select Everyone in the Group or user names text box, and then
select Allow for Local Launch, Remote Launch, Local Activation, and Remote Activation
Permissions for Everyone.
- You may need to reboot.
See PCS#56149 in the Agilent Instrument Control Framework (ICF) Support v3.0 Release Notes.