OBJECTIVE or GOAL
Obtain percent area for a select group of peaks in Empower.
- Empower 2
- Empower 3
- Open the processing method that will be used to process the data.
- Create a named group. (In this example we use "test_group".)
- Add the peaks that will make up the total area for the group.
- Save the processing method.
- Create a custom field with the field type "peak" and the data type "real".
- The custom field formula is "area/test_group[area]*100".
- Name the field.
- Process the data.
This procedure allows a user to obtain the percent area of a peak against a select group of peaks, instead of all of the integrated peaks in a chromatogram.