- When trying to connect to Ethernet instruments to upgrade firmware, the Waters DHCP service stops running or crashes.
- When this occurs, the connection to the device fails and the node displays "No" in Empower properties.
- This can prevent the firmware loader from executing.
- The following problems can also occur:
- Connection with server lost when powering-on an Ethernet device
- The DHCP service hangs or stops running during execution of "Scan for Instruments".
- If the Waters DHCP Server Configuration page is opened, it closes unexpectedly when connecting or turning on an instrument.
- Empower 3
The Hosts file, in \Windows\System32\drivers\etc, contains no data after opening in Notepad, although there are actually NULL characters.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Copy a backed-up Hosts file from the directory \Windows\System32\drivers\etc to a file named "Hosts", with no extension, in the same directory.
- If no backup exists, create a "Hosts" file, with the content shown in the linked file, in the directory \Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
EMP2LIC, EMP2OPT, EMP2SW, EMP3GC, EMP3LIC, EMP3OPT, EMP3SW, EMPGC, EMPGPC, EMPLIC, EMPOWER2, EMPOWER3, EMPSW, SUP