- ORA-27369 error message "job of type executable failed with exit code: Incorrect function in Waters Database Manager - Backup Settings" when trying to save Waters database manager backup settings
- Empower 3 FR3 or any upgrade that goes through Empower 3 FR3 (FR2 to FR4 upgrade)
The Tnsnames.ora file is incorrect for the server stack.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Go to the X:\empower\oracle\oracle12cClient\Network\Admin directory (where X:\ s the Empower Program Drive).
- Copy the TNSNAMES.ORA and place it in X:\Empower\Oracle\Oracle12c\Network\Admin directory.
- Empower uses the TNSNAMES.ORA file located in X:\Empower\oracle\oracle12cClient\Network\Admin directory.
- Waters Database Manager uses the TNSNAMES.ORA located in X:\Empower\Oracle\Oracle12c\Network\Admin directory.
- The two should be the same file.
- Empower 3 FR2 did not have a tnsnames.ora in the Oracle12c directory. The upgrade process did not create a valid tnsnames.ora file and the error generated on saving the backup options in WDM. PCS 56239 open in R&D.