- When instrument method is loaded in Empower "Run Samples", no method parameters are loaded
- Empower Run Samples shows instrument failure when "Run" is clicked
- Empower message center shows error "A request for instrument configuration has failed"
- Node Properties shows status as "No" for instrument
- System configuration is okay
- Methods are okay
- Ethernet instruments
- e2695, 2414
The instrument lost communication.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Click on Configure System in Empower.
- Click on Node, highlight the node name, and right-click on Properties.
- In Node Properties, tab-click on Configure DHCP to bring up the Waters DHCP window.
- Remove the instruments in question.
- Power-cycle the computer and instruments. Power-on the PC first, then the ethernet instruments.
- Launch Run Samples and setup method.