- When trying to log in, receive the following error: "ORA 12170: Connect Timeout Occurred"
- Restarting the TNS listener and Oracle service does not resolve
- Empower 3 Feature Release 3 (FR3) Personal / Standalone workstation
PC name changed after Empower install.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Change PC back to its original name.
- If this is not an option, contact Waters Technical Service and speak to a network specialist.
Ping localhost to confirm that the local computer name is associated with the correct IP address of the local computer as found in ipconfig in a command prompt. If not, then check the local hosts file for any incorrect entries. (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts). If there are, correct them or REM (remark) them out with a # in front of the line.