- Error message "printer not activated error code 41" occurs when trying to perform electronic signoffs. After clicking OK, "path to C:user>username>app data> local >temp drive watersrpt100.pdf was not found" error message occurs.
- Logging in to Windows and Empower as an administrator allows the report signoffs to work correctly with no error messages
- Empower 3 Feature Release 2
- Client server environment
User logged into Windows did not have access to the Temp folder. This created an issue when attempting report signoffs because they could not access the file "watersrpt100.pdf".
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Set DCOM local security permissions correctly per Empower 3 FR2 Installation and Configuration Guide.
- Grant permission to Waters PDF generator by adding the Everyone group to that folder's permissions, and give the Everyone group full control of the Temp folder.