- When beginning a sequence, getting an instrument failure and MFC Application Error
- Empower 3
Corrupt Instsrv.dat file.
FIX or WORKAROUND
- Delete the system.
- Remove the components from the Instrument tab and the DHCP configuration in the Node properties.
- Go to the C drive, Empower folder, InstrumentServer folder, and delete the INSTSR.DAT file. Note: deleting this file also deletes ALL systems connected to the PC.
- Power-off the system, restart the PC, and then power-on the system once you are logged into Windows.
- If there are any IEEE instruments in the system, power cycle these first, and then the PC.
- Go into Empower and remake the system.